From Religions for Peace USA and El-Hibri Foundation
A WORLD INTERFAITH HARMONY WEEK SERIES
In 2014, RfPUSA and the El-Hibri Foundation (EHF) co-sponsored a “Best of Interfaith Webinar Series” for WIHW, featuring leading experts in the field. A short summary video of the highlights from that series is available here and the whole series is viewable here.
Based on feedback from the thousands of viewers to that series, in 2015 EHF and RFPUSA are making a series of short educational videos featuring leading experts on their top 10 learnings in their key area of work. They are dense, to-the-point learning opportunities for those interested in advancing interreligious cooperation.
The first, focusing on Interfaith Families, is live by Susan Katz Miller, author of Being Both.
The full list is here:
“10 Things You Must Know About…”
- “10 Things You Must Know About Engaging with the Religious ‘Other’”
Presenter: Paul Chaffee, Publisher and Editor, The Interfaith Observer
- “10 Things You Must Know About Addressing Religious Bigotry and Discrimination”
Presenter: Dalia Mogahed, Director of Research, Institute for Social Policy and Understanding
- “10 Things You Must Know About Advancing the Role of Women in Religion”
Presenter: Susan Hayward, Interim Director Religion and Peacebuilding Center, United States Institute of Peace
- “10 Things You Must Know About Championing Racial Justice”
Presenter: Eric Ward, Program Officer, The Ford Foundation
- “10 Things You Must Know About Overcoming Differences”
Presenter: Shamil Idriss, President, Search for Common Ground
- “10 Things You Must Know About Running a Local Interfaith Organization”
Presenter: Sam Muyskens, formerly Executive Director of Inter-Faith Ministries of Wichita
- “10 Things You Must Know About Addressing Religiously Motivated Global Conflict”
Presenter: William F. Vendley, Secretary General, Religions for Peace
- “10 Things You Must Know About Connecting Development and Religion”
Presenter: Katherine Marshall, Senior Fellow, Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs, and Executive Director, World Faiths Development Dialogue
- “10 Things You Must Know About Understanding Religious Views from Surveys
Presenter: Robert P. Jones, CEO, Public Religion Research Institute
- “10 Things You Must Know About Handling Faith Differences Within Your Family”
Presenter: Susan Katz Miller, Author, Being Both
- “10 Things You Must Know About Transforming Conflict in Ethnically and Religiously Diverse Communities”
Presenter: Najeeba Syeed Miller, Assistant Professor of Interreligious Education, Claremont School of Theology
Videos will be released throughout the month of February.